LEGAL ACTIVISTS OF COLOR
News, Events, Actions and Commentary on law and social justice. Welcome to the official blog of the United People of Color Caucus (TUPOCC) of the National Lawyers Guild.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Immigration Law Request for Advice

Greetings Friends and Supporters,

Please forgive the mass e-mail. I hope that all of you are enjoying the
time off/time with family and loved ones.

I wanted to ask all of you amazing legal minds a question re: immigration
law.

My stepfather has a sister who may die in the next few days. She is
currently in a hospital here in LA. He is trying to get his other sister
over to LA so that she can be with her before she dies. The sister is in
Tijuana, Mexico and urgently wants to get to LA.

I have suggested that they go over to the US Embassy on Tuesday and request
an Emergency Visa. The doctor has provided a letter stating that the sister
is near death.

Are there any other suggestions for the family? Does anyone have contacts
at the embassy in Tijuana? Does anyone have suggestions on what time they
should show up to the embassy on Tuesday morning and what other
documentation they should take to help the process?

I appreciate any responses in advance and because this is a personal issue
near and dear to my heart I thank all of you for taking the time to read it.

Again, I hope you are all having a wonderful time sharing with friends and
family...

Gracias por todo,

Mercedes Victoria Castillo
NLG National Vice President
http://nlg.org

Former Chair, 2004-2006
National Latina/Latino Law Student Association
http://nllsa.org

"I for one believe that if you give people a thorough understanding of what
confronts them and the basic causes that produce it, they'll create their
own program, and when the people create a program, you get action."
--Malcolm X.

"Estos corazones que nos escucharon son de hombres, mujeres, niños y
ancianos que quieren un país democrático, libre y justo... Para este
diálogo nacional vamos a caminar mucho y vamos a dar muchos pasos. Nosotros
estamos dispuestos a todo para dar estos pasos.² Comandante Ramona, EZLN

No comments:

Archive